Friday, November 21, 2008

Videos of Trevor Walking and Socks

Hi All! Sorry it's been a while since the last post. And since the complaint department is experiencing a back log due to the lack of posts ("Can't wait to see more pictures!" "I watched Trevor chasing Grendel AGAIN today." "Where are the new pictures?") I decided that maybe it is about time for me to post something new.

Now, Trevor hates socks. He is always pulling them off. I'll put him in his car seat with two socks on and when we get to where we are going, he'll be bare foot. We'll be in a store and I'll look at him and he only has one sock on. Jill and I had to back track our steps through ALL of Macy's the other day to find a missing sock, and we almost missed it!! I'll put them back on, only to have them pulled off again. Often times, in order to avoid frustration and missing socks, I just take them off until we get ready to leave the store. (Inevitably when I do this I get some short comment such as, "He's not wearing any socks," or, "Where are his socks?! It's cold out!" And get a "you're an inept parent" stares. But it's easier than keeping track of what Trevor does with his socks and I DO put them back on BEFORE we go outside...) For those of you who still doubt Trevor's feelings on socks, I caught him putting socks into his Diaper Champ the other day, and Allan once found one of his socks in the middle of an intersection with tire treads on it. Sigh.

There is one thing he does like about socks though, he can put them in his mouth, which is the measure of how much he likes anything these days. These two videos were taken back to back and show off Trevor's feelings about socks and his new talent, walking!!!

Enjoy! We've taken a lot of video and pictures over the last few weeks. I'll try to post some every day or so for the next week.

(Yes, that's a bib he's wearing as a cape. Al realized at dinner that Trevor's shirt was blue and his bib was red, so he did the logical thing and put the bib on backwards, turning our mild mannered little boy into...SUPER TREVOR!!! for the rest of the evening.)